Thursday, April 10, 2008

film showing end of semester

So, the last week of classes, we'll have some time to watch a postmodern film.

I will take recommendations, of course. So far, I've come up with the following possibilities: Bladerunner (seems too obvious, maybe?), The Saddest Music in the World, a David Lynch film (like Eraserhead or Mulholland Drive), Adaptation... I mean, I love Donnie Darko, but hasn't everyone seen that?

Thoughts?

If you want to recommend something, make sure it has postmodern features, and isn't just something you like!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eraserhead or Mulholland Drive would be good choices, I've seen Mulholland Drive once and would like to see it again, I also own Blade Runner if that helps at all.

Danger Jane said...

i've never seen bladerunner, so that gets my vote, though i love david lynch (but i've seen his films)...

Ryan Hoarty said...

Naked Lunch!

courage, jack said...

i've never seen donnie darko but i'm really kind of okay with that. and melissa mcdowell keeps talking about wanting to show us adaptation. DON'T DO IT, MONICA.

i'd like to see more david lynch, though.